julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Hour of the Olympics - Mary Pope Osborne, Sal Murdocca Bleh.

Clever ideas... perhaps. Just odd. Escorted to the Olympics by Plato?

And speaking of Plato and Pegasus in the same breath rather made it seem like Plato is mythical too. And I'm not sure that's the best thing for young children to be thinking... even if it is interesting to even find him in a book written for their age group.

The bit at the end about how the stories are always with us seemed forced and trite and exactly what I was talking about in my review for [b:Day of the Dragon King|202041|Day of the Dragon King (Magic Tree House, #14)|Mary Pope Osborne|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320455074s/202041.jpg|933522] when I said how refreshing it is to find books that celebrate reading without being condescending or pedantic.

Once again, I'm astounded at the inconsistency in this series. A friend and I even checked the other day to see if they're all really even written by the same person...