julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Change of Focus - Lucy Whedon This had several elements that I don't generally enjoy so much in stories: Ren was rather creepy and stalkerish, Nik was totally an asshole to him, and Ren continued to pursue Nik in spite of that. But for some reason, the story actually worked for me.

Perhaps because I understood Nik's motivations and knew that he wasn't INTENDING to be an asshole, that's just how things ended up happening. And I even understood why Ren wasn't willing to give up and it actually came across as sweet rather than creepy.

Plus, I loved how the picture from the prompt was woven into the story, beautifully creative.

I also appreciated that there was some time in there for Nik to get over Evan before Ren came and tried to pursue a relationship with him. It made it seem much less rebound-y and more likely to work out.